Re: Howto configure suexec for apache 1.3.29

Lukas Ruf wrote:
Dear all,

until recently, I compiled and configured apache myself.  Lately, I
have changed to dselect -- for convenience reasons.

Everything works just nice -- but how can I configure suexec
correctly, i.e.

- userdirs: change to actual user
- User & Group in virtual domains

Thanks for any enlightenment!

wbr,
Lukas

Take a look at this:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/suexec.html

Read and check each step in http://httpd.apache.org/docs/suexec.html#model.

Take a look at your apache logs (/var/log/apache):
error.log and suexec.log give you the information you need to get a feeling about what is happening.

All your CGIs have to reside in /var/www. If you want to use different virtual hosts, all of them need a cgi-bin directory in this hierachy. You can use different user/group for each virtual host and give each host it's own logs (perhaps with a copy in /var/log/apache). And you can run webalizer for each host separatly.

We use a stucture like this:

/var/www/

      |- host1 (user1/group1)
      |    |