Re: [postfix-tls] SASL LOGIN authentication failed [SOLVED]

Thanks as usual Derrick. I got it working. I believe the problem was that postfix
opens the pwcheck UNIX domain socket in /var/spool/postfix/var/run/pwcheck whereas
the pwcheck daemon opens it in /var/run/pwcheck. The postfix-tls package does not
create these directories and the necessary link. This is also not explained well
(at all) in the documentation.

This page provided the crucial information (and looks interesting in other respects):

  http://www.projektfarm.com/en/support/debian_setup/

Do you think it would be productive to contact the maintainer?

> --- /etc/default/saslauthd
> START=yes
> MECHANISMS="pam"
>

> Then start saslauthd (/etc/init.d/saslauthd start) and reload postfix'
> configuration (/etc/init.d/postfix reload).  Then test it.  I usually

I tried to find saslauthd without luck:

# apt-cache search saslauthd
# apt-file update
# apt-file search saslauthd

> Regarding pwcheck, I saved the following notes :
>     # http://www.thecabal.org/~devin/postfix/smtp-auth.txt

Inaccessable :(

--
A program should be written to  model the concepts of the task it
maximizes the  potential for it  to be applied  to tasks that are