Re: spamassassin [SOLVED]

On Wednesday 07 January 2004 13:02, Hans du Plooy wrote:
> Thanks, but I don't think it's a bug - same versions of the same software
> run on three identical machines with woody - just the one doesn't want to
> play along.
>
> Something seems to be misconfigured - I just don't know enough about perl
> (I assume it's a perl problem) to figure it out. - need some help

I figured it out:  it seems there was an older (much much older) version of
Spamassassin installed.  The new one didn't overwrite the config files, and
the old conf files aren't compatible with the new software.

I did:

dpkg -r spamassassin
dpkg -r spamc

and removed everything remotely related to spamassassin that was left by hand.
Then:

apt-get install spamassassin.

No more errors.  Thanks for all who replied.  Here's some related links:

http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/
mimedefang/2002-September/011390.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/spamassassin-talk@lists.sourceforge.net/
msg27453.html