Re: emergency: Openoffice, Fonts, what a mess

Hi Chris,

dpkg -l xserver-xfree86 kdebase
uppercase=bad)
ii  xserver-xfree8 4.1.0-16woody1 the XFree86 X server
ii  kdebase        3.1.4-0woody1  KDE Base metapackage

I installed 1.1.0 today after removing the old backport.  Initially only two
fonts were aviailable (charter and courier, I believe). I then installed
msttcorefonts and x-ttcidfont-conf (ignoring the message about adding
FontPath entires to XF86Config-4) and now seem to have lots of fonts
available.  I did notice that in the font dropdown that some of the Fonts
with the box and 1 symbol (not sure what it's really supposed to be, type 1
perhaps) don't display in the list or when typed in the text, such as
"Fangsong Ti".  All the fonts with the A-A symbold are ok.

1.1.0 seems a big improvement!!  Much faster startups!!!

Thaks,

Chris (Hurschler)