Re: eps to page of labels

David Purton <dcpurton@chariot.net.au> writes:

> Does anyone know of a simple way to print a page of labels from a
> single eps file?
>
> I could always import the eps into scribus lots of times, but I'm
> hoping there is a simpler way like eps2labels... or some such thing.
>
> Any ideas?

Not simple, but you could write a Postscript file that did the work.
If I was writing it, and I knew the label was 2in wide (144pt) and
0.5in tall (36pt) I might do something like:

%!PS-Adobe-3.0
%%Pages: 1
%%EndProlog
%%Page: 1 1
36 144 324 { % x: first at 36pt, last at 324pt, incr 144pt
  36 36 360 { % y: first at 36pt, last at 360pt, incr 36pt
    save translate
    /showpage {} def
    0 setgray 0 setlinecap 1 setlinewidth
    0 setlinejoin 10 setmiterlimit [] 0 setdash newpath
    userdict begin
dnl THIS BIT IS PROCESSED BY m4
%%BeginDocument label.eps
changequote(,)
include(label.eps)
changequote
%%EndDocument
dnl END m4 DIRECTIVES
    end
    restore
  } for
} for
showpage
%%EOF

This needs to be preprocessed with m4, but should come close to doing
what you want.

	-- Abra Mitchell