Re: linux bewbie lame question

Citát Uwe Dippel <udippel@uniten.edu.my>:

> On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 13:00:58 +0000, Tendril wrote:
>
> > What are the major differences between gnome and kde?

I am newbie and this is my experience. Gnome runs faster and gives me less
trouble :)) KDE is more fancy and has more sofisticated aplications in it. If
you boot to any of those you have them both available, for some reason some KDE
stuff is on strike when run from Gnome in that case I call it from command line
and basta, usually works. So I like Gnome since it doesn`t look like windows and
acts more simple and runs faster on my old hardware where I try to learn in
before I will dump it on serious machine and try to do some geophysical
modeling. So I guess you can choose what ever you like better. I like to work in
command line world since I have been arround since the first CPU like Z80, 08086
. My first machine was 2MHz fast and was talking "Basic" :). I like when world
is simple, so the Gnome seem to me.
ed.
> You happen to have a browser available ? - Good. Then it's time to leave
> this list for a moment and start to google.

Ok, sometimes too much info gives too much frustration. I am a newbie too.