Re: Mozilla-Firebird segfaults with java

On 22 Dec 2003, Kristian Niemi wrote:
> There's been some writing about similar problems earlier in this
> newsgroup. Search it?
>
> In short; I had the same problem, caused by the same thing
> (libjavaplugin). I had downloaded the java from Sun's pages. Problem
> solved when I, instead, apt-got the java-package from the following source:
>
> # Blackdown Java 1.4.1-01, gcc3.2-compiled i386 release.
> deb http://jopa.studentenweb.org/debian ./
> deb-src http://jopa.studentenweb.org/debian ./

Thanks for the comment. I'd already found my solution (see my last
post). But I'll keep a note of your recommendation in case there are
problems again in the future (java always seems to be a bit of a
minefield).

A.

--
ac@acampbell.org.uk    ||  http://www.acampbell.org.uk
using Linux GNU/Debian ||  for book reviews, electronic