Re: My email is rejected by some sites

On Thursday 18 December 2003 12:00, Richard Kimber wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 10:04:58 GMT
> Adam <a24061@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> important!) e-mails to the admins of those domains explaining why you
>> need to route your own mail and stating that they are contravening the
>> end-to-end principles of the internet and punishing the innocent with
>> the guilty.  If enough people do this, they may see reason.
>
> In some cases, mail to the admins is blocked too.  In those that aren't
> my (limited) experience is that the email is ignored.

Well, what I meant was: add the domain to the smarthost list so you can
e-mail it, _then_ e-mail postmaster@whatever about it.  I haven't had to
do this very often so far, but I have had an intelligent discussion
(several e-mails) with an admin about it.  I didn't convince him, but if
enough people do it, we might.