Re: [OT] C programming, variable size array

On Fri, 2003-12-12 at 15:00, Aryan Ameri wrote:
> On Friday 12 December 2003 22:38, Alex Malinovich wrote:
>
> > > Hmmm... sounds a lot like a homework problem... =)
> >
> > Yes, it does... :)
>

> See, this is what I was afraid of. I have some question in my mind, and
> yes it is related to my studies, but it is not a homework. I can't
> locate my instructor for two days, cause she is ill or something. Since
> google and reading archive doesn't reveal anything, I say, well give it
> s shot, and post a OT to debian users. And I indicate that, for god's
> sake, this is nota homework.
>
> And then everyone is like, hey, this is a troll ! this is homework, ...
--snip--
> Cheers everyone, and don't be so pessimist when someone asks a
> programming question. It might indeed not be his homwork.

My intention was not to suggest that you are a troll or that there is
anything wrong with asking for help with your homework. I was just
stating that your question sounded a lot like one that would be asked as
part of a homework assignment. If that were the case, I would still have
gladly helped you, though I certainly would not have done the assignment
for you.

If you read the second part of my post, you will have noticed that I
commended you for looking into this problem and that, by tackling it,
you'll be putting yourself well ahead in your studies. If you have any
further questions, don't hesitate to ask. The people on this list are
really all extremely helpful when given a chance. :)
--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837