ALSA + KMix not working

Hi,

I'm using ALSA for the first time ever (from 2.6.0-test11) and I've
got it mostly up and working nicely now. I have the intel8x0 driver
successfully loaded.

alsamixer works fine and I can change the volume (and play sound, of
course) in xmms. However, KMix does not work. It doesn't even show a
mixer pane and when I try "New Mixer Tab" the drop-down "Available
Mixers" is empty.

Any ideas? Isn't KMix supposed to support alsa natively? Or should I
use the OSS mixer emulation? That doesn't seem right to me...

Thanks in advance,
	Magnus