Re: HDIO_SET_DMA failed: Operation not permitted

Alf Werder <awerder@gmx.de> writes:

> > It's even worse:
> >
> > $ modprobe amd74xx
> > Segmentation fault
> >
> > And now I have:
> >
> > amd74xx                 9468   1  (initializing)
> >
> > The module cannot be removed and interferes with other processes as
> > for instance ifconfig (which get's stuck and can't be killed
> > ...). Very bad.
>
> Mmh ... maybe AMD-756 (seven,*five*, ...) is something different then
> AMD74xx (seven, *four*, ...). Just my two cents.

Well, from /usr/src/linux/drivers/ide/pci/amd74xx.c

 * Version 2.10
 *
 * AMD 755/756/766/8111 and nVidia nForce IDE driver for Linux.

That looks rather like what I should need.

But many thanks for the suggestion!

Andreas Goesele

--
Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur et non datur,
nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est.