Re: freebsd - Re: recommended Virus Scanner?

On Sat, Nov 29, 2003 at 09:55:59AM -0500, Paul Morgan wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 04:34:43 -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:
>

> > Bernstein pays $500 for each verifiable security hole in qmail.
> > Following the same premise as for Knuth, you should find this a
> > similarly lucrative opportunity.  You might find the page detailing this
> > offer of interest:
> >
> >    http://cr.yp.to/qmail/guarantee.html
> >

> > Peace.
>
> Actually, the reward is for the *first* verifiable security hole in qmail.
> Six years now, and no-one's found one.

I have an out: I said arbitrary *large* block of code.  When I said
large, I was thinking "operating-system sized set of code", i.e., many
programs.

The site itself says that people have experienced many problems with the
total set of programs surrounding qmail.  And that confirms my belief.