Re: Apt-get upgrade problems

Hello '. .'!

On Sat, Nov 29, 2003 at 10:18:30AM +0100, . . wrote:
I have a strange problem with apt-get. I installed a package manually
with dpkg after apt-get ran into a conflict and since then apt-get does
not upgrade anything. It gives:
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Calculating Upgrade... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded
for upgrade, dist-upgrade and dselect-upgrade as well. I did run apt-get
update it seems to get the new package lists but no effect when trying
to upgrade. I use the unstable distribution. Could anyone help? I'm
pretty much a newbie.

So first of all I think I have to ask this question: Are you sure
Unstable (sic!) is good for you? As a newbie, having apparent lack of
background? Sometimes it requires a lot of work and knowledge, whereas
some problems are easy to fix or circumvent.

Regarding your 'problem' I seems like it's just strange coincidence.
You heard about the recent break-in into Debian infrastructure? Since
then no new packages flow in to Unstable, so you can't upgrade any.

And as you didn't specify your 'conflict' I can't say anything about
that...

Cheers,
Flo