installation to >137GB disk

I want to do a fresh install of Debian to a 200GB IDE disk (reiserfs, if it matters). Only 137GB are recognized with my stock 3.0r1 CDs. Looking in the archives I see the suggestion to install to a different disk then upgrade the kernel and then format the big disk. This is not practical for me. Is there some way to burn an installation CD that uses a newer kernel so that I can install directly to my 200GB disk? While I'm asking, what is the best way to get the update to r2 by CD? I have access to a computer with a fast Internet connection at school and can burn CDs from it. However the computer I am installing Debian on is not connected to the Internet.