Re: Broken Galeon in Sarge

Thanasis Kinias <tkinias@asu.edu> writes:

> I don't know if this has to do with the Debian security situation, but
> the three Sarge boxes I apt-get updated yesterday all now have broken
> Galeons.  Galeon refuses to execute, claiming that it can't find a gconf
> schema.

I have the same problem: The /var/log/syslog is more elaborate

Nov 26 22:02:53 nissefisken gconfd (gnalle-5695): starting (version
2.4.0.1), pid 5695 user 'gnalle'
Nov 26 22:02:53 nissefisken gconfd (gnalle-5695): Failed to get lock
for daemon, exiting: Failed to lock '/tmp/gconfd-gnalle/lock/ior':
probably another process has the lock, or your operating system has
NFS file locking misconfigured (Resource temporarily unavailable)
Nov 26 22:02:53 nissefisken gconfd (gnalle-5697): starting (version
2.4.0.1), pid 5697 user 'gnalle'
Nov 26 22:02:53 nissefisken gconfd (gnalle-5697): Failed to get lock
for daemon, exiting: Failed to lock '/tmp/gconfd-gnalle/lock/ior':
probably another process has the lock, or your operating system has
NFS file locking misconfigured (Resource temporarily unavailable)

The problems started when the 2.4 packages made it into Sarge. I just
send a bug report.

While I am at it I promise my eternal admiration and love to anyone
who make Galeon work in Sarge again. It is such a nice program :)

                        Niels

--
Niels L Ellegaard  http://dirac.ruc.dk/~gnalle/

Heat is the self-restoration of matter in its formlessness, its
liquidity the triumph of its abstract homogeneity over specific
definiteness, its abstract, purely self-existing continuity, as
negation of negation, is here set as activity. - Hegel