Re: finding what is using a mount point

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 02:16:06PM -0500, ScruLoose wrote:
> ,-------------------------------------------------------------------------.
> >  -ScruLoose-  |        You don't *have* a soul. You *are* a soul.       <
> >    Please     |              You *have* a body, temporarily.            <
> > do not Cc me. |                - A Canticle For Liebowitz               <
> `-------------------------------------------------------------------------'

This reminds me of some text from my favorite book: "The Illusion of
Technique" by William Barret, p.79:

"In his sudden and abrupt fashion Wittgenstein lets fall the
observation:

`My attitude toward him is an attitude toward a soul.  I am not of the
<i>opinion</i> that he has a soul.' [178e]

The statement dangles there in the text, and is not given the further
explanation it cries out for.  I do not think my friend <i>has</i> a
soul, in the sense of some Cartesian substance hidden in his head or
diffused throughout his body.  Nevertheless, my attitude toward him is
still that toward a soul.  It would be more correct to say that he
the way, it is more correct to say that he is a body than that he has a
body."

//
Your second statement's disagreement with the text is what caught my
eye.