Re: Asus A7N8X Deluxe and Debian?

On Thursday 20 November 2003 11:12, Scarletdown wrote:
> And that makes for a nice little catch-22 situation.
> The whole reason I'm doing this is so I can
> get the nVidia nForce drivers installed.  Without
> them, neither of the on-board NICs work (or
> the sound for that matter).  So there is no way I can
> get the missing files from a debian
> server, as I have no network connectivity yet.
Hmm...because u can write email i suppose that u have internet access on
another computer. You can get the required file using a webbrowser, pointing
it to www.debian.org, choose "Debian packages" and search for kernel-headers
in stable for example. After this download the file, copy it on a cdrom. Then
use dpkg -i /mnt/cdrom/kernel-headers-<...>. Everything should work now.

Greetings

-Alex