Re: Debian woody or sarge?

On Sun, 2003-11-16 at 07:04, Philip Ross wrote:
> Given Red Hat updates will end at the end of the year, I want to get up and
> running with Debian before that.  If sarge doesn't become stable until next
> year, would it be better to install woody now and upgrade to sarge in a few
> months, or install sarge now? How long will woody remain supported with
> security updates?

http://www.debian.org/security/faq#lifespan :

Q: How long will security updates be provided?

A: The security team tries to support a stable distribution for about
one year after the next stable distribution has been released, except
when another stable distribution is released within this year. It is not
possible to support three distributions; supporting two simultaneously
is already difficult enough.