cdrom

I have a HP Pentium I. The cdrom sudenly stopped working, and I replaced it for an used one (wich worked just fine). As it turns out, the cdrom I just installed isn´t working either... I get a message like:

/dev/cdrom/ is a bad block device

The cdrom was working just fine. I brought it home and conected it to the PI, and now is dead. It won't even boot. I checked the conections, and they seem to be well.
it won't boot, or mount.

¿what could the cause of the trouble be?

I'm a newbe to linux (have been using it for about a month) and have no idea of what to do.

Libera tu correo
    Antivirus ? Filtros antispam ? 6 MB gratis
    ¿Todavía no tienes un correo inteligente?