Re: Rebooting problem

In linux.debian.user, you wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm a debian newbie. Last night I've download the debian-installer beta.
> With a litle luck I got it to install the base system. Now comes the
> problem. I have 3 HDs the boot HD has Grub and XP on it. The 2nd HD has
> Debian on it. With LILO install on (HD2)
> /dev/ide/host2/bus0/target0/lun0/disc2;disc1 ( primary partition) is a
> swap,disc2 (primary partition 2) is a root,disc5 is (extended
> partition)/usr. And SusE on HD3.Grub boot the others OS fine except
> Debian. How do I make Grub boot Debian? Any help is greatly appreciated.
> Vanh

I think you should boot into SuSE which appears to be the system that
installed Grub.  Mount the Debian /boot and copy the kernel and System.map
to SuSE /boot.  Give them the same extension on the end and rename the
kernel if it has the same version number as the one for SuSE.
umount Debian's /boot.  Edit SuSE /boot/grub/menu.lst to include a stanza for Debian.

Then try to boot.  You do not need to reinstall Grub.  If that doesn't work,
then I think we will need you to boot into SuSE and give us /etc/fstab and
/boot/grub/menu.lst.  I think the output of 'ls /boot > boot-contents' would
be good too; so we can see the names of the kernels.  Be sure you do not
alter the stanza for SuSE so you don't lose the ability to boot into it.

Anita