Re: freelance sysadmining - web [WAS: "Red Hat recommends Windows for consumers"]

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Ron Johnson wrote:

> On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 13:58, Vikki Roemer wrote:
..
> > Could be.  I've been having problems lately with connections refused and
> > stuff.  Dunno what the problem could be.  I thought I'd restored the
> > settings that I'd lowered, but I guess not.  Where can I get a copy of the
> > default /etc/apache/httpd.conf settings to double-check?
> >
> > TIA.
>
> You could extract it from the .deb.

a first test case :-), now you can do your support for "users" and
see what happens,  and adjust your thoughts ( costs ) on "home user
support"

	http://neuromancer.homelinux.com
	http://bchomeschool.homelinux.com

both seem to have the same problem .. at least for me w/ konqueror

worst part probably, is that it used to work and something changed

support is always needed by some other machine/people at the wrong time
( when you bz with something else )

and other possibility, if one gets "i cant see anything on your website"
is that the user ( me ) would have java scripts, java, cookies and cache
all turned off .. which sometimes renders empty websites even if they
do really have content when java/js is turned back on
( the sypmtom is "page loaded" shows but no content )

c ya
alvin