Re: [OT] routing failed

On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 06:18:54AM +0800, csj wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 21:46:15 +0100,
> David Jardine wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, Nov 08, 2003 at 08:51:46AM +0800, csj wrote:
> > > On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 at 01:24:17 +0100,
> > > David Jardine wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > > Since I first got connected just three or four years ago, the
> > > Net it seems has become a more and more paraonid place.
> >
> > Indeed.  But not without justification.  There are some funny
> > goings-on out there.  Why are your messages - only yours -
> > scrutinized by "master" before being passed on to "murphy"?
> > And why does master put adair's name in parenthesis as if he
> > didn't believe he really existed?  And who is adair?  And why
> > does he call you localhost.invalid?  Funny goings-on indeed...
>
> Well I put them in.  localhost.invalid I believe is more polite
> than putting, let's say, cnn.com as my domain.  What values do I
> put in as my domain if I don't have one?

Put in where?  You previously said you had

local domains = localhost:your_host_name

in exim.config.  Where did you put localhost.invalid?

I'll tell you what I've done on my system, which is a
standalone machine at home used almost exclusively by me but
occasionally for e-mail by other members of my family.  It
may be a stupid way to do it, but it works all right for us:

1: Set up a different user for each fragment of my fractured
persona (one of them being thought of as the main user) and
each family member.  Every e-mail address has its own user.

2: Put a line in exim.conf's rewrite configuration for each
user.

3: Write a .fetchmailrc for each user, and a .fetchmailrc
for the main user including all the individual e-mail
addresses.

If I want to send or fetch mail from or for a particular
address, I log in as that user.  If I want to fetch mail
from all addresses, I do it as the main user.

Would such a setup solve your problem?

David

--
David Jardine