Re: hdparm script

* Alfredo Valles <alfredo@bioinfo.cu> [031104 03:20]:

> Where should I put a script that sets my drives settings with hdparm?

There is a package called "hwtools" (or something similar), allready
containing a /etc/init.d/hwtools, which is a proper Place to add your
very own hdparm commandos.

> Is there a template or guideline to follow in debian for making init scripts?

Did you took a look at /etc/init.d/README and the mentioned
documentation?

> Finally:  Is there some way different from hdparm to inform the kernel the
> behavior I want in my ide drives?

AFAIK: No, but I never searched an other sollution for this.

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander