Fonts gone in icewm

I was going to use "Subject: fsck'ing fonts" due to my ongoing
frustration with fonts.

I did a dist-upgrade on my sid laptop today and lost fonts in my window
manager icewm (also lost xmd loging for some reason!!)

I'm using the Infadel2 theme and it uses fonts like:

 TitleFontName = "-artwiz-snap-regular-r-normal-sans-10-*-*-*-*-*-*-*"

Now, this was working fine before.  What I don't know is if in the past
I actually had this font or if there was some font substitution
happening.

But now when I use that theme (and thus those artwiz fonts) no text is
displayed in icewm (menus, titles, and so on).

I can change to a different theme and that will work (although my APM
battery monitory on the taskbar doesn't show because I use one of those
fonts in ~/.icewm/preferences.

The frustrating part is not that the fonts don't work, but that I can't
debug it!

- Is it a fontconfig issue (changes in font.conf)?  I just
tried using a backup fonts.conf file and that didn't fix anything.

- My XF86Config-4 is dated from September, so that didn't changed on
today's update.

- I tried enabling bitmap fonts in /etc/fonts/local.conf, too.

There was an icewm post about this:

 http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=3305608&forum_id=5805

And there's a debian icewm bug report about it, too.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org