cvs import version numbers

I just installed CVS on my Debian box.  I want to import a source tree of a
project I have been working on into it.  I was able to do this, but it was
imported with the version number of 1.1.1.1.  I would like to start over now
and somehow re-import in with the version number of 0.1.  Could someone
explain to me how I am supposed to do this?

I found documentation in /usr/share/doc/cvs/html-info/cvs.html and read the
section on adding and removing files and directories.  But what I want to do
is pretend it never happened and get rid of everything and start over
imported with the version number of my choice.

Any help?

Michael