Re: Illegal characters in cron

On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 05:46:59AM +0800, csj wrote:
> I'm having trouble getting the following to work in my crontab:
>
> 30 1 * * *	mailfilter -M ~/.mailfilterrc -L ~/autosave/log/mailfilter/mailfilter-`date +%Y%m%d%H%M`.log

>From crontab(5):

    The ``sixth'' field (the rest of the line) specifies the command to be
    run.   The  entire  command  portion of the line, up to a newline or %
    character, will be executed by /bin/sh or by the  shell  specified  in
    the SHELL variable of the cronfile.  Percent-signs (%) in the command,
    unless escaped with backslash (\), will be changed into newline  char­
    acters,  and all data after the first % will be sent to the command as
    standard input.

Ken

--
Ken Irving, Research Analyst, fnkci@uaf.edu, 907-474-6152