Re: reiserfs

At 27 Oct 2003 11:23:36 -0500,
Vivek Kumar wrote:

> Thnks for your help Rohan.

No problem.:-D
> I am going to try what you said. Meanwhile I
> installed kernel-iamge-2.4.18-386 ( I got this solution from one of the
> knowledgebase at Debian).
> I did apt-get install kernel-image-2.4.18-386. It installed the image
> and asked me to add initrd=/initrd.img in lilo.conf file. I did that and
> reboot the box. I tried to mount the reiserfs filesytem and it was
> mounted. GREAT!!! But now my netowrk inteface is not coming up. I tried
> ifup command but itsays that it cannot find the module eth0. Somehow my
> netowrking got messed up now.
> Any Suggestion.

I have also had problems with the precompiled kernels, just happened
that he options I needed didn't fit the options made with the kernel,
so I quickly ended up compiling my own, and haven't looked back.  Now
it is the first thing I do when I install a new system.  So I am sorry
I can't help you with the binary packages, however it looks like there
are quite a few responses already.:-D

Good luck, and I hope you are enjoying debian, personally I love it.

rohan