Re: debian-user-digest Digest V2003 #3280

I am trying to mount a directory as nfs filesystem from other machine. I
am getting RPC error on other machine and it says XXXX (Host linux box)
is not responding. Though I can ping to the linux box from there and
also I can telnet ot it.
What is that I am missing. Any suggestion.

Thanks

These services are needed to be run on the server side:
- NFS server
- Portmap

If you are using the 'testing' distribution and you havent updated for a few weeks, you might want to update your nfs server package.

I had the same problems with nfs-kernel-server on 'testing' about 3-4 weeks ago, it just stopped working. I upgraded about a week ago and it started working again.

John.