Re: distutils lacking from my Python installation

On Tue, 2003-10-28 at 05:53, Jesper Holmberg wrote:
> I have python2.3 (as well as python2.2) installed on my system, but today I
> realized that the distutils module is not present, so I can't use it (I would
> expected it to be present in /usr/lib/python2.3). Why is this, I thought
> distutils was part of the standard Python library?

I've been using Python (starting with 1.5.2 and now 2.3) on Debian,
and never had it installed.  If you need it, though, the solution
is easy:
$ apt-cache search distutils
# apt-get -u install python2.3-dev

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

"Knowledge should be free for all."
Harcourt Fenton Mudd, Star Trek:TOS, "I, Mudd"