Re: Mutt displays mail twice... :-s

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 at 23:58 GMT, Derrick 'dman' Hudson penned:

>| I didn't realize that editing a .procmailrc without having procmail |
>set up through a .forward could get me into trouble ...
>
> exim can be set up to handle procmail delivery directly, without the
> indirection of a .forward file.

Yes, the OP made that pretty clear.

On first blush, it sounds like a bad idea.  As a user, I might be
happily editing my .procmailrc, planning to enact it only once I think
it's somewhat useable ... or I might have just copied over the contents
of another home directory, which just happened to have this file in
there.

Yeah, I know the same arguments could be made for .forward ... but at
least I've always expected .forward to be used automagically.

Speaking of .forward, if I have a .forward with procmail in it, does
exim simply ignore this, or does it override exim's director?  For
example, I have been using a .forward with contents
	"|/usr/bin/procmail -p"
... has that -p argument been ignored this whole time?

--
monique
Unless you need to share ultra-sensitive super-spy stuff with me, please