Re: What would happen to Challenge/Response if ...

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 09:42:31PM -0600, Paul E Condon wrote:
[ Snip autoresponding idea to C/R ]
> What is the downside of doing this? Am I crazy?

http://kmself.home.netcom.com/Rants/challenge-response.html

    Points 0 and 8 should answer your question though the entire essay is
worth a read.

    And to another point: Why bother?  If you can script something to answer
C-R (which is hard since every C-R system does it differently) so can the
spammers.  That kind of defeats C-R, don't it?