Re: OT - Programming Languages w/o English Syntax

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 05:51:16 -0500,
Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote in message
<[🔎] 1066560676.28502.15.camel@haggis>:

> On Sun, 2003-10-19 at 00:03, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> > On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 17:12:15 -0500,
> > John Hasler <john@dhh.gt.org> wrote in message
> > <[🔎] 873cdq42m8.fsf@toncho.dhh.gt.org>:

> > ..the other way around.

> > > "A language is a dialect with its own army and navy."
> >
> > ..historically, the white man used his military and political power
> > and, this language as part of "nation building".  ;-)
>
> As have every other conquering nation or tribe.
>
> Why do people think that Europeans

..here we go: "Europeans"?  Is "Europe" any less part of Asia than
India and China?  ;-)

>  are any different than any other
> "race"?  Before the Renaissance, Europeans were just like the vast
> majority of the world's poor are now: scraping out a meager existence,
> oppressed by landlords, superstitious, uneducated, and occasionally
> conquered, and thus landlord X substituted for landlord Y.

..well, under today's international legal regime with control over 5 out
of the 5 veto seats in the UN Security Council, white man qualifies
enough
as "Herrmensch" to convince me Adolf would have laughted his ass off.
Red China Communism came from where?  ;-)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: