Re: Promise Fasttrak 100 PDC20267 on Debian

  --received from Albert Dengg--

> if you want to use the promise scsi emulation drivers in debian you find
> instrutions/drivers here:
> http://people.debian.org/~blade/install/	(goto the preload floppy)
>
> But i never tried it (i gave up using the promise raid controller after
> the MB tied (it was an onboard controller), but I would recommend to
> stick to the opensource driver. One warning though: it is _not_ included
> in the 2.5/2.6 kernel....

Thanks again!  I followed the links from above to the Promise web site

http://www.promise.com/support/download/download2_eng.asp?productId=88&category=All&os=100

grabbed the "Partial Linux Source Code", compiled it as instructed,
loaded the new module and can now see the mirrored RAID array as
/dev/sda just like on the Red Hat machine.  Thanks so much!  The new
"scsi" disk is now formatted and mounted under Debian!

Paul

--
Paul Yeatman       (858) 534-9896        pyeatman@ucsd.edu