Re: Debian Font Guide for Newbies and the Confused

I just did a clean reinstall of SID (I keep a local mirror and have it
scripted down to 30 minutes :-)).

My /var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType/fonts.alias is
an empty file.

Here's the the contents of that directory:
# ls /var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType/
fonts.alias    fonts.scale  VeraIt.ttf    VeraMoIt.ttf  VeraSe.ttf
fonts.cache-1  VeraBd.ttf   VeraMoBd.ttf  VeraMono.ttf  Vera.ttf
fonts.dir      VeraBI.ttf   VeraMoBI.ttf  VeraSeBd.ttf

I had been running mkfontalias.py which created "480 aliases".
I noticed I set GTK1 font to Vera-8 and fonts looked "different"
(bigger) in gbuffy.

Why is fonts.alias empty?  IMHO they looked better before.