Re: Debian Font Guide for Newbies and the Confused

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 10:39:29AM -0700, Tom said
> I've been patching my /etc/X11/Xftconfig as well as XF86Config-4
> to manually point to /usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-bitstream-vera.
> Your suggestion says to only update XF86Config-4.  Should I point
> XftConfig to /var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType as well?

Yup.  Do you have any Xft1-based apps left, though?  It was only used
for a very short time, and I can't think of anything that still uses it.

fontconfig, used by xft2, seems to come pre-configured to use defoma's
tt fonts.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:      red noise ASDIC ANDVT kibo virus Elvis FTS2000 cybercash