Re: rescue mail off secondary server contingency plan

>> Let's assume it's Friday and one's primary mx server cannot be fixed
>> until Monday.  Maybe I can write a standard procedure for other low
>> bandwidth users to use.

S> It has been around for years, and is called uucp.

and how does one use uucp to manipulate the exim queue on a remote
machine? is uucp ssh-ready? It seems manipulating the mx record to
make the primary point to a backup machine would be the right way.
Then have the secondary machine refresh its DNS, so it then sends all
queued mail to the backup, no?