Re: Debian / Linux KaZaA client?

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 07:08:13PM -0400, Chris Roddy wrote:
> Pigeon wrote:
>
> >Does anyone have any more up to date information on the availability
> >of KaZaA clients for Linux?
> >

> packages 'nicotine' and 'gtk-gnutella' (I suggest unstable) are not
> kazaa clients, but provide similar functionality ;-)

Well, the important thing is that they should be able to access files
which are being shared by KaZaA users, otherwise the kids will think
"this Linux thing is crap, I can't find any cool files". apt-cache
show gtk-gnutella implies that it can only access files shared by
other gnutella users, who are much fewer in number, so it probably
wouldn't fit the bill. nicotine isn't in woody, so I don't yet know
what that can do.

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons