Re: 'advanced' printing

Hi,

I would recommend lprng+ifhp.

If I were you, I would not worry about creating your printcap manually.
First, there is lprngtool - GUI frontend to LPRng based /etc/printcap.
Second, creating printcap file manually is not that difficult. I may send
you mine, which should work with only minimal changes, and later you may
gradually fine-tune it to your needs.

How is your printer connected to your computer?

As for cups, many find it to be much less secure than lprng.

Best regards,

Alexei
Alexei Kaminski
http://www.glue.umd.edu/~alexeik/