Re: fetchmail

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 17:18:02 +1000
"Joyce, Matthew" <MJoyce@ccia.org.au> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using Fetchmail and have a fetchmailrc in etc.
> Fetchmail starts and syslog show my messages being gathered.
>
> the problem is the messages do not end up in my home Maildir (courier-imap),
> they end up in spool somewhere.
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> I've clearly missed something important.

Hi

well, I do not use imap myself, but this is from man fetchmailrc:
...       -S <hosts> | --smtphost <hosts>
(Keyword: smtp[host]) Specify a hunt list of  hosts  to  forward
mail  to  (one  or  more  hostnames, comma-separated). Hosts are
tried in list order; the first one that is up becomes  the  for-
warding  target  for  the current run.  Normally, `localhost' is
added to the end of the list as an invisible default.   However,
when using Kerberos authentication, the FQDN of the machine run-
ning fetchmail is added to the end of the list as  an  invisible
default. Each hostname may have a port number following the host
name.  The port number is separated from  the  host  name  by  a
slash;  the default port is 25 (or ``smtp'' under IPv6).  If you
specify an absolute pathname (beginning with a /),  it  will  be
interpreted  as the name of a UNIX socket accepting LMTP connec-
tions (such as is supported by the Cyrus IMAP daemon) Example:
	--smtphost server1,server2/2525,server3,/var/imap/socket/lmtp
This option can be used with ODMR, and  will  make  fetchmail  a
relay between the ODMR server and SMTP or LMTP receiver.

yours,
Albert

--
Albert Dengg <a_d@gmx.at>