Re: via-rhine.o

On Saturday 11 October 2003 20:16, Nicolas Godzik wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have the DFE-530 TX ethernet card
>
> On Knoppix this card works very well, and it uses the via-rhine module,
>
> when I try to add this module at the installation of debian 3.0
>
> it is saying /lib/modules/2.2.20/net/via-rhine.o: init_module: Device or
> ressource busy ...

What kernel version is your copy of Knoppix using? I would not bet on a 2.2
series kernel to handle that chipset properly.

If you have the module, you can at least pretty much rule out the possibility
that the driver is compiled into the kernel unless you've been experimenting
with different kernel builds. Use modinfo to see a list of parameters for the
module; maybe that helps.

--
Got Backup?