Re: Licensing requirements ???

Chris Spencer wrote:
> That's correct.  You must purchase a MySQL license to use it in this
> fashion.  Apache, PHP, and Debian are all fine.  No purchase is
> required.
>
> > What are the repercussions to my client, as a result of this model?
>
> Buy MySQL.  Make the product.  Sell the product.

The situation you describe would mean that mysql would be non-free, and
thus not part of Debian.

The license of mysql 4.0.14 is a mixture of the GPL, LGPL and BSD
licenses, with nothing prohibiting commercial use. I see nothing in
the license to call for purchase of a special mysql license for this
use.

--
see shy jo