USB Serial Driver Isn't quite Working.

	I am using the USB mass storage driver on a Maxtor external
drive which normally works well.  I added a new Edgeport/8 serial
converter and plugged it in to the second slot of the USB port.  The
documentation in /usr/src/linux/Documentation/usb-serial.txt says that
the generic serial driver supports the Edgeport/8 product.

	When I plug it in, the following lines get added to syslog:

hub.c: USB new device connect on bus1/1, assigned device number 3
usb.c: USB device 3 (vend/prod 0x1608/0xf) is not claimed by any active driver.

	Do I need to add any other modules to the kernel when
compiling?

	Disconnecting the Edgeport/8 produces:

usb.c: USB disconnect on device 3

	The mass storage driver continues to work with the serial port
unit in or out.  At least the new generic serial driver doesn't appear
to have done any harm.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
OSU Information Technology Division Network Operations Group