Re: windows NT

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 07:09:01PM -0400, Roberto Sanchez wrote:
> DePriest, Jason R. wrote:
>
> >Your question makes no sense.
> >
> >Debian is an entire operating system and does not run "on" another
> >operating
> >system.
> >
> >If you have something like VMware installed on your NT 4 system, then
> >Debian
> >can run in that.
> >
> >Other than that, you would have to set up your system to dual-boot between
> >Debian or NT to get them both on the same system.
> >
> >Just slapping Debian on there would likely overwrite your NT or at least
> >make it very difficult to get back into.
> >
> >-Jason
> >

> That message is actually from an email address harvesting spambot of
> some sort.  We've been seening these on the list for the last few weeks.
> They are usually very general, like: "My printer doesn't work.  How can
> I fix it?"  This one is just plain stupid, or beyond.

In more ways than one. What's the point of doing this, when you can
get the exact same email addresses out of a zillion public archives of
the list? In fact, how's it supposed to work at all? It gets people to
reply to the list, which they do anyway. Nothing goes to the spambot
at all.

I am used to conversations that start like this:

"My TV's not working, can you fix it?"
"Er... what's wrong with it?"
"It doesn't work."

...and carry on in the same vein for far too long. IMO the idiocy of
the questions is a good sign that they come from genuine Windoze
lusers. I think there's some web page out there that's making them
think Debian and Windoze are somehow connected.

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons