Re: off the list again

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 05:43:06PM -0800, J Y wrote:
> I know what it says but my inbox was only at 25% capacity. Something
> else is going on here.

It's not something with the list though. That "over quota" message was
generated by your ISP's mail server. The list server is merely
responding as designed to the bounce messages. You need to discuss
with your ISP why their mail server is apparently reporting "25%
capacity" to you and "552 Over quota" to other mail servers at the
same time.

Here's some speculation: perhaps that "25% capacity" figure is an
average over some period of time, whereas what's happening is that
sometimes you get a big burst of swens and your mailbox goes over
quota for a while until whatever anti-swen you're using deletes them.
Perhaps you could try increasing the frequency with which you delete
swens, using a cron job maybe.

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons