LI Hang, recovery??

Hi,

I'm getting the LI hang on boot.  I tried booting from my floppy, but it
gives me a kernel panic...

I now read that I can boot from floppy with the "rescue root=/dev/hda1", but
I'm assuming that this is the default mode the floppy boots in anyways, or
is it?

If I could get back in with the floppy, I'd try rerunning LILO to get things
back in order, but I'm afraid I'm not going to get that far.  Any
suggestions?  How can I tell if I've got a real hardware problem? Knoppix?

Chris

--
Dr.-Ing. C. Hurschler
hurschler@gmx.de