Re: Ruby support problems

On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 09:07:45AM -0400, Peter S Galbraith wrote:

> Yes.  Have you read the on-list replies as well?
>
> >                                           I'm not
> > sure what you are referring to when you say "mode
> > line." In Xemacs, there is a line below the buffer,
> > actually a raised ridge that says
> > ISO8----XEmacs: myrubfile.rb      (Ruby) --------Top
> >
> > The "(Ruby)" indicates to me that it at least knows
> > that its a ruby file. Is that what you are referring
> > to as a "modeline."
>
> Yes.
>
> >                      Otherwise, there is no other
> > indication that it knows what to do with this ruby
> > file: no syntax highlighting
>
> Menu -> Options -> Syntax Highlighting
>
>  choose automatic, colors, most.
>
> Menu -> Options -> Save options

This works.  Thanks for the tip!

> >                              and I can't debug ruby
> > file in the emacs editor (which should be allow from
> > the ruby-elisp package).
>
> I don't know about that.  But `C-h m' says that the key `C-c C-s'
> invokes `run-ruby'.
>
> Peter

No prob if you don't know.  I'm half-way there.
Gonna have to ask the ruby-lists to see if debugging
actually work.  Incidentally, the ruby debugger
always say emacs debugging supported when you start
the debugger on the command line.  I just haven't
seen it live up to these expectations.

Thanks for your help!

--
wcrowshaw