Debian 3.0 or testing on GeForce2 Go

Hallo everyone,
I've struggled the last days during an extensive installation session,
trying to get Linux running on a Vaio Laptop with Geforce2 Go. Unfortunately, this
chipset is not supported by XFree 4.2.1 and therefore won't run with Debian
3.0 or testing.
I've tried the NVidia binary driver with depressing results. Whenever X
closes and I get back to console the screen freezes, while the notebook itself is
still responding. I've tried this through all kind of XF86Config files and
all X Versions up to 4.3.0. I finally installed even SuSE with the same
result.
I guess it's a general issue with this particular video card, maybe the
bios. If someone has a good idea, I'm wide open, but right now I would like some
other advice.
What options do I have to install X 4.3 with a Debian system (stable or
unstable) and not confuse apt? I tried the rude way once and installed the
binaries, which led to a completly unmaintainable system - which is no option at
all.
Any help will be appreciated and yes, there is absolutly no issue when
running the notebook with X 4.3 and it's standard nv driver.
Best regards,
Jonathan