Re: Anyone else notice that Swen is slowing down?

On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 14:08, Micha Feigin wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 07:17, ScruLoose wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 07:56:07PM -0500, Michael D Schleif wrote:
> > > "Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com> [2003:10:02:00:37:35+0100] scribed:
[snip]
> I am guessing that the fact that most of these viruses etc. appear on
> windows is more due to popularity then security.
> The fact that it is also easier and thus every script kidy can patch up
> a virus of of a couple of scripts found on the internet probably helps
> also.
> Linux is just not popular enough yet to entice script kidys and macs are
> just to damn hard to program for (at list up to os9, don't know where
> osX stands).

Ahhhh!

I don't care if Linux has 90% desktop share, there's no way that an
auto-running (or double-click-needing) email virus is going to aff-
ect me, unless the people who write the MUA that I happen to be using
at the time *design* the MUA to do such a thing.

But that won't happen.  Why?  Market forces, the way Adam Smith said
they should: when users find out about that bit of imbecility, they'll
move en masse to a different MUA.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals