Re: SU shows my password at terminal

On Thu, 2003-09-25 at 19:51, Kirk Strauser wrote:
> At 2003-09-25T23:03:18Z, tb.nospam@comcast.net writes:
>
> > I realized after I asked the question that this is probably a Kernel
> > issue.  This is a P4 1.7 -- I shouldn't be able to outtype it.
> >
> > Probably need low-latency kernel.....
>
> I don't follow.  What makes you think that this has anything to do with
> kernel unresponsiveness?  A bogged system wouldn't let you type anything at
> all, would it?

Typeahead.

I'm surprised, though, that Linux has this problem.  A fast typist
logging into even the slowest VAX (or fastest Alpha screamer)
running VMS never has this problem (and typeahead is always used
in VMS, since network lag to remote systems causes "lag" all the
time).

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

Thanks to the good people in Microsoft, a great deal of the data
that flows is dependent on one company. That is not a healthy
ecosystem. The issue is that creativity gets filtered through
the business plan of one company.
Mitchell Baker, "Chief Lizard Wrangler" at Mozilla