Re: Quoting

Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
> (...)
> Since you asked, here is a list of options I've heard of :
>
>     .   Mahogany
>     .   Mozilla Mail
>     .   Pegasus
>     .   The Bat!
>     .   Eudora
> (...)

OK, I just took a look at them...

The Bat!
-- Sorry, this is not free. 25 USD... And it looks very overloaded.
Didn't test how far this can be reduced. I like the simplicity I have
with OE.

Mozilla Mail
-- Tried that one before. Looks quite nice, though very big,
everything. And its threading option is just as bad as OE's. This is still my no. 1 favourite, but others have reported many problems with it.

Mahogany
-- Looks nice so far, waiting for GPG support. I'll take a closer look
at it next time. But development goes very slow. Is this one supposed
to be finished/usable yet?

Outlook Express itself
-- I just installed this OE-QuoteFix, and it instantly reformatted this e-mail... nice, needs some tuning but is certainly better than without now.

Pegasus
-- Seems quite unflexible. Hmm, unfriendly. Can't change the many icons... And no german language for the current version. Can't say for sure, but development seems slow, too.

Eudora
-- Is that an advertisement, I see in the screenshot? Yes, it's not free. And no german version.

Puh, hours went by, again.
No real alternative found. (I know, my requirements are quite high... But hey, it's an everyday application, I must be able to work with efficiently, and it should not be too ugly to look at.) Maybe I'll find the time and skill, some time, to take a closer look at the Mozilla Mail source code.

--
Yves Goergen
nospam.list@unclassified.de